I started by making a template of the sides of the engine to use for shaping the sides of the fore and aft halves of the plenum chamber provided with the kit. After some measuring, I marked the sides of the plenum halves to make them as low as possible and try to avoid interference of the cowling with the plenum chamber or the engine. I had to remove some material from the corners of the plenum for clearance and to open some areas for access to the top of the engine for maintenance. I started making the flanges to join the chamber halves. Similarly, I shaped the runners to allow insertion in place and transition into the cooling plenum chamber.

Photo album created with Web Album Generator